Sunday, August 25, 2013

I Freakin' Frankened!

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Last night I saw a post on Instagram by GlamorousLacquer. She posted her Walgreens haul and I spotted a black and white glitter by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. I was talking to friends and we were saying that it was pretty cool that mainstream brands are coming out with polishes that have an indie vibe. I noted that this was the third black and white glitter I recall seeing (Hard Candy & Maybelline have one, too). So I got to thinking...I wish they threw some variety in there so that there wouldn't be so many dupes. That set off a lightbulb and I immediately decanted a mini bottle and started to franken!


So I don't know about you guys but I've seen sooo many gorgeous neon glitters on the indie scene lately. I thought to myself, "self, wouldn't black, white, and neon be a stunning combo?" As I'm mixing and shaking I thought that some tiny holo sparkles would really complete my vision so I threw some of that in the mix.


Completely in awe of my franken in the bottle, I didn't hesitate to see what it looked like on my nails! I tried it over a nude base first. Above you'll see two coats of my franken over OPI Samoan Sand and topped with a coat of HKGirl topcoat.


I knew last night that I wanted to try this baby over purple. My friend, Tam, mentioned that grey is a great base for so many glitter toppers so I wanted to try that as well. Oh my, my, my! I can't stop staring at how beautiful this topper is over Zoya's Perrie & Harley!




You might have noticed that I didn't mention what polishes I used for this franken. If you can name the three polishes I used I will send you a secret prize! If more than one person correctly guesses the polishes I will use a random generator to pick the winner. To enter, simply leave a comment below with your guess along with your email address so that I can contact you if you win. You must be a following me via GFC for your entry to be valid. This mini contest will end Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at midnight EST. As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is truly the best franken I have ever seen. Beautiful combination! I wish I knew the polishes you used, but if I had to guess I would say its Lush Laquer clowning around, China Glaze Fairy Dust and the new maybelline chalk dust!? Lol bad job at guessing huh lol anyway its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is tara.cornell@yahoo.com sorry bout that lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the combo of glitters! I'm going to guess Lush Lacquer "Clowning Around", Different Dimensions "Social Suicide" & Orly "Prisma glass silver"! My email is nailsbykathleeng@yahoo.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO gorgeous! I love this so much I want to franken one, lol. So even if I don't guess right I'll be back to find out what you used.

    Different Dimension - Social Suicide, China Glaze - Fairy Dust and Lush Lacquer - Clowning Around??

    Sorry forgot to post my email with it, chanellejustice@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Lush Lacquer Clowning Around, Hard Candy Suit and Tie Optional and China Glaze Fairy Dust. My email is manisbymoore@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing maybelline clearly spotted, lush lacquer clownin around, and china glaze fairy dust. :D
    Email is sabirisra@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess is Lush Lacquer Clowning Around; Different Dimension Social Suicide; and Orly Prisma Gloss Silver. Even if I'm not right, I think it is beautiful and I want to make it too haha. My email is mmckay980@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks so good! I have quite a few spotted and bar glitters I may try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv your creation Jess! my guess is clowning around, social suicide & china glaze fairy dust =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybeline Polka Dot, Clowning Around (indie), & China Glaze Fairy Dust. Ms.donathan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely amazing franken! It's gorgeous! My guess is different dimensions-social suicide, lush lacquer-clowning around and orly-prisma gloss silver. :) thanks!

    -Sarah (@lethal_lacquer)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is simply amazing. Your swatches are always flawless anyway lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should sell this! I would buy it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a droolworthy franken! And that last pic is just stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete