Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's World Autism Awareness Day!

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend and got to enjoy some time with your families. I'm really excited to share today's post with you all. As most of you are aware, my son, Tyus, is autistic and today is World Autism Awareness Day. Last year we rocked blue manicures during the month of April in support of my not only my son, but for families everywhere who are affected by autism and I hope you guys join me again this year! Here's my very first Autism Awareness manicure for 2013:


My mani began with a base of Essie Feed Me followed by one coat of Bettina Elegant Blue. Elegant Blue is a gorgeous dusty navy one coater with a smooth-like-butter formula. Next I applied one coat of Pure Ice Strapless which is a really pretty blue glitter. I then used Bettina Vintage to stamp on the puzzle piece images using BM319 & my Konad Special White polish and BM321 for the ribbons. Puzzle pieces are logos for autism and although my ribbons really should've been blue, I wanted them to pop with a little white. My mani was topped with a coat of HK Girl topcoat.



We got a kick-start on Autism Awareness Month last night by putting a blue light bulb in our porch light. Tyus was so excited because blue is his favorite color! I am really happy with how my mani came out and am looking forward to a month of blue manicures. I hope you will join us again, dear friends! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Love this Jess!! Your son is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!

    I went blue on the blog today, too. My brother has Asperger's syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg i so like this mani. And now i must get bm-319! I loved how you used a blue lightbulb with you mani!

    ReplyDelete