Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zoya Blue Gradient for Autism Awareness

Hello Lacquer Luvers! Today I have an Autism Awareness manicure that includes a blue gradient with stamping. My duty this month is to inform you all of some of the facts pertaining to this disorder while bringing you pretty blue nails. One of the facts that stuck out to me this week is that 1 to 1.5 million Americans live with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. I don't know about you, but to me that is a very large number. It brings into perspective, for me, just how many people have this disorder. Not only that, it makes you realize the impact of not only those that have it, but how many families there are that have to deal with the daily issues that come along with this disorder.


I began my manicure today with a base of Essie Grow Faster followed by two coats of Zoya Yummy. I received Yummy in my GMA promo pack that also included Lola and Tobey. This trio of polishes was just $12 + $2 shipping. Not only does Zoya have a great formula and color range behind their polishes, they are always having amazing promos. I would highly recommend you follow them on their facebook twitter pages. Yummy can best be described as "Bright, cheerful light robin's egg blue in a milky creme finish. A sweet sky-blue that pops on both deep and pale skin tones." I used a makeup sponge to create a gradient using Zoya Indigo. Indigo can best be described as "A dark indigo blue shimmer with a pinch of holographic microglitter. A dramatic polish that resembles the night sky."




Once that dried, I used my Konad Special Stamping Polish in white along with Red Angel image plate RA-105 to stamp on this design. Oddly enough, the complexity of this design reminds me of Autism in that the disorder itself is very complex. To finish this mani, I applied a coat of Good To Go by Essie.


The following picture is blurred just so that you can see the holographic microglitter that is in Indigo.


Although my gradient nor my stamping is perfect, I really like how this manicure turned out. What do you think lacquer luvers? Is this a manicure you would wear? Let me know what you think in the comments below. Also, for those of you that haven't, please check out my 2012 Autism Awareness Contest. I am receiving lots of great entries already but would love to see each and every one of you participate! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

10 comments:

  1. I love this look. The stamp is perfect with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stamping!!! the colors are pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!
    Now I gotta make sure I have that plate of Red Angel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This rocked my world! it would look awesome on a purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I had no idea Indigo was this gorgeous! I must have it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this design and the colors pops so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Laurie. Indigo is definitely a hidden gem in the Zoya collection and as a girl who LOVES her blue, I definitely want her. As for your mani, just gorgeous, as always. You are so awesome at stamping. You must give me lessons! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great mani for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete