Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello Lacquer Luvers and a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! There is no better way to celebrate St. Patty's Day than with GREEN and you all know how much I love my greens =) For those of you that don't know, I am part Irish, too! This holiday is one of my favorites. Green beer (not now, of course!), parades, leprechauns, & rainbows are all so much fun. Not to mention, delicious foods like Irish potatoes which I will be making later on today, yum!


I began my St. Patrick's Day mani with a base of Essie Grow Faster followed by two coats of Zoya Apple. Apple can be best described as: "Luminous yellow-toned apple green packed with gold metallic sparkle.  A dimensional green that's clean and bright." I LOVE this green! It sparkles like no other and is such a great shade for this holiday. Formula and application for this lovely was, as is always with Zoya polishes, great.


To compliment the gold in Apple, I used ORLY Luxe and Scotch tape to create a french tip. I added a four leaf clover stamp from BundleMonster's BM03 image plate using my Konad Special Stamping Polish in white to bring in the St. Patty's Day theme. I topped my mani off with a coat of Essie Good To Go.


And look, I have a lucky four leaf clover:

I'm looking over a four-leaf clover
That I overlooked before.
One leaf is sunshine, the second is rain,
Third is the roses that grow in the lane.
No need explaining the one remaining
Is somebody I adore.
I'm looking over a four-leaf clover
That I overlooked before.

Willie Nelson - I'm Looking Over A Four-Leaf Clover

I really enjoyed creating this fun manicure and I hope you all like it! It reminded me of my Grandmother (who is half Irish) and how much I miss her. I can't wait to enjoy some Irish potatoes later on while looking at my pretty green nails! What do you all think of this mani luvs? How are you wearing green today? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you! May the luck of the Irish be with you, xo!

~Jessica

4 comments: