Sunday, November 27, 2011

10 Day Challenge: Day 6

Hello Lacquer Luvers and welcome to Day 6 of the 10 Day Challenge! First, I want to say Congratulations to Kelly who is doing this challenge with me, she reached 400 followers on her blog today! You all should join the 400 of us who love her blog if you haven't already, it's amazing! Day 6 of the Challenge calls for your favorite celebrity manicure.


My favorite celebrity manicure is one I saw that Kim Kardashian wear back in August of 2009. It was a chic black on black mani that was simple & eye-catching with its matte and glossy finish. I just loved the look of the contrast between the base and french tip and knew I had to try this one for myself! Here's the pic of Kim's nails:


Hot, right?! To replicate Kim's manicure, I began with a base of OPI Nail Envy & 2 coats of Bettina Onix. Then I topped that with my fast dry top coat by Seche Vite. Once that dried, I taped off the tips of my nails and applied one coat of Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love which is a matte top coat. When I removed the tape I was left with that gorgeous matte/glossy finish that I loved so much.



This is the second time I've done this manicure and I can't wait to try it again with different colors. I think this would look great using my Zoya matte polishes, Mitzi & Lolly. So luvs, would you wear this mani or try it using a different color? Have you ever recreated a a celebrity's manicure? Don't forget that Kelly over at Posh For Polish is doing this challenge with me, please go take a look at her favorite celebrity inspired manicure and make sure to follow her as well! As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing tomorrow's post with you, xo!

~Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! :)

    Love the manicure! So chic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes yes yes! I love tips. Add matte + shine = nailgasm! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani! Your nails look better than Kim's haha !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. And I agree with Tasha, yours is definitely more eye catching than Kims. Lol... I am adding this to my "to-do" list. Pretty pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one of my favorites on you. Looks splendid. Maybe you should go do Kim's nails for her..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww you ladies are the best! <3

    Lizzy, I can't wait to see your post on these! =)

    Kim, if you ever see this and are in Miami call me! LOL! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this mani so much!!!! I would have never thought to do this myself. You did such a good job on re creating it, I actually like yours better to be honest. I'm gonna try this soon. Did you tape to paint the tips too or just for the matte look? I have that same polish by Hard Candy but haven't got a chance to use it yet. Now I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I ALMOST did this one but decided to wait for another time because I really wanted to do nail art. Looks good :o)

    ReplyDelete